Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Sep 27, 2010
Misconceptions
I frequently find myself thinking that simply because I have a relationship with Christ that only good things are supposed to happen to me, my family, and people I love. Trying to grasp the concept of bad things happening to good people is pretty difficult. We discussed this in our class at church and it's good to know I am not the only one that thinks like this. Whew! It is interesting to me though, because we all seemed to have these expectations that because we love God and he loves us that we should not have to suffer, we should have perfect marriages, we should not have to experience a job loss, and that things should come easily and naturally for us. Such a huge misconception!!! Christianity wasn't intended to be easy and it's not a promise that things will always go our way. The things that on the surface seem impossible or difficult can turn out to be huge blessings and opportunities to learn. I have found comfort in this, because when things aren't easy, at least we aren't going through it alone. It's easier to go through the hard times when I know that God is behind everything that is going on, He knows exactly how it will turn out and He has great intentions with every detail of my life. This is something I am learning and growing through at this point in life. It is fun, challenging, empowering and definitely strengthening my faith and relationship with Christ.
Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment