Golf is a sport that for the life of me I just cannot seem to do...or so I thought. I grew up playing softball, so I'm used to hitting a moving ball about waist high and not a ball sitting on the ground between my feet. I have been to the driving range a few times, but I always end up hitting more of the grass than the ball. I feel bad for tearing up the ground and I can't imagine the looks people are probably giving me, so I save myself the embarrassment and head to the clubhouse for a beer. Well my dear husband is bound and determined to make me a partner for any activity he wants to do (ie: treacherous mountain biking), so he packs up the clubs and we head to the golf course. We hit some range balls first and then he gives me a lesson on my stance, grip, and most importantly how to actually make contact with the ball. I didn't do half bad actually. So we head over to the par 3 course (baby steps)...oh and I really only like to hit with the driver no matter how far I am from the hole, but Matt helped me with that too. He is such a wonderful man!! I get up to tee off from the first hole and slice the ball way to the right, but it went really far, so I was impressed. Matt informs me that this is very common for beginners, so I was feeling pretty good. I finished out the first hole pretty well. My putting was probably the thing I was the best at, but it definitely needs work. We played the par 3 course about 3 times, and each time I got better...Matt even said he was impressed with how good I was doing. This made me happy, because bowling is the only game I can actually beat him at, so this might be a game I could actually compete with him in...way down the road of course. Then if I get really good then clearly I’m going to need some cute clothes to match my good game. So I did a little browsing online to find some cute outfits…one outfit for warm days and one for cooler days. The day that I get “really good” will most likely never come, but at least if it does then I am prepared.




No comments:
Post a Comment